Blog Background

Voting

Monday, June 28, 2010

Journal Entry 1

Here's part of my journal from the first day. It may be a little jumbled as I was a little overwhelmed at the time...

"My heart is heavy. i don't know how to process it all. I feel so helpless. it seems like so much...the devastation is so great...I really need God's help to process through this. We make such a big deal about things that don't matter. I would love to have such a big picture view. I can't hold on to this I know. I came with grand ideas of what i could do. What would be the thing I would accomplish. But only God can do something. Only Him. Now what he has in mind, I don't know. WOW!!! Even as I write this the children are singing "My God is so Big...there's nothing my God cannot do." Gentle reminders that God is here."

It's taken me a couple days to write this. There is more to share. How could there not be? But I figured I would want to send this quickly before something else happens to the internet. As a praise report Isaiah returned today and he seems like a sweet boy. His body is still adjusting, but we are glad he has come. As a prayer, continue to lift up the babies. I want to go pray with them as many of them have a fever or diarrhea. Please pray for my health as well. I'm adjusting, but was a little ill earlier. Pray for the staff members and their transition with Shae as their director and pray for God's continued blessing upon us.

Love,
Dorian

P.S. As a side note, I found out today that there IS a way to ship the items to the orphanage via a barrel, however they are still trying to determine how much it is to do so. I will send a list soon with info on what is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment