Blog Background

Voting

Monday, July 5, 2010

It's been a while...

Yes...I know it's been a while. Through sickness and lack of internet access, I've not been blogging as often as I would have wanted to. And so an update from the last.

Day 2
Our second day you can imagine was full of rest. Although I was still processing through everything. I was most definitely on information overload. My meetings were with two Canadian volunteers to the orphanage and few of the boys who live at/help around the house.

I realized typing this how hard it is to remember all the little things that stick out to you at a moment. I will share this...

One can never have a full picture of Haiti. It's easy viewing the tent communities and shambled buildings to remember how devastating the earthquake was to the country. We would drive by the buildings and I could imagine people being in them crying out for help. I would hear from one of the gentlemen I met that what was so hard was how helpless they felt. They would hear the cries and were just unable to move the rubble. i would hear stories of someone texting from the rubble stating exactly where they were and the amazing use of facebook to rescue 23 lives. AMAZING! Yes, there is devastation. Yes, there is in some respects brokenness. But there is also hope.

Love,
Dorian

No comments:

Post a Comment